Chapati (whole wheat flatbread) and Potato Bhaji (vegetable mix) is a terrific combination especially for a morning breakfast – it is a nutritious and filling combination:
- Chapati is prepared with unleavened flour;
- One 6-inch chapati, contains approx.15 grams of carbs, 3 grams of protein and 0.4 grams of fiber;
- Chapati is an excellent source of soluble fibre;
- A chapati contains vitamins B, E , and minerals such as like copper, zinc, iodine, manganese, silicon, potassium, calcium and other mineral salts;
- Potatoes are a good source of fiber – fiber helps to lose weight, and to prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check;
- Potatoes are also full of antioxidants to prevent diseases, and vitamins to help body function properly.
(Sources of information: timesofindia.com & webmd.com)
Recipe: The Indian Flatbread (Chapati)
Here is a quick recipe of Potato Bhaji to delight with chapati, made without using onion, tomato, garlic and ginger or whole spices, or garam masala/spice powder mix; made with few fresh but powerful ingredients that makes it delicious and raises its nutrition content too.
Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.
Masalahealth.in – October 2021