Meal Planning is an essential daily task, for people who are responsible for this task in any organisation, and for homemakers – its basically a prerequisite for our survival; because if we choose to eat wrong type of food, we end up facing health issues. From my personal experience, eating healthy does not mean one should totally give up eating junk food – according to my knowledge, eating junk means eating too much sugary foods, fried foods, processed foods, foods with ingredients not suitable for human consumption and also consuming too much of highly-spicy foods; these foods can be eaten in moderation; and eating healthy food surely does not mean giving up eating delicious food – I eat healthy and delicious food, I haven’t sacrificed on the delicious factor, the food recipes in MASALAHEALTH.IN proves it.
Daily meal planning should relate with that particular day i.e. the weather, emotion and ingredients in the kitchen, meal planning is about combination of food types or pairing different foods for a healthy meal.
In this meal plan, I combined spicy ginger gravy of fresh green peas with earthy flavoured cabbage along with the staple food of rice, for a healthy meal on a colder day.
The ginger flavoured fresh green peas and earthy flavoured cabbage cooked along with dried fish have contrasting flavours, thus delight for the taste buds.
Both these side dishes that combine for a healthy meal along with rice, is made from minimum number of ingredients, and using fresh ingredients.
- Spicy Ginger Gravy of Fresh Green Peas … RECIPE
- Earthy Flavoured Cabbage … RECIPE
- Cooked Rice: Pour the rice in a thick bottom handi or saucepan; rinse the rice for 3 or more number of times, then immerse rice in water – filled almost up to the utensil’s brim, add a tsp. of salt, keep the rice for cooking in medium heat, when a thick layer of cooked rice floats on top – switch-off the stove, and completely drain the water, reheat the cooked rice at low-heat for about 1 – 2 seconds, and cover the utensil for few minutes.
My Meal Planning Formula 🏁
Nutritional Benefits of the Food Ingredients in this Healthy Meal:
- Fresh Green Peas: Fresh green peas are available plentiful in the winters, it is a cool-season crop grown in many parts of the world. Peas are starchy, but high in fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and lutein.
- Ginger: Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties because it has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are moderate source of antioxidants vitamin C, and Lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant in the carotenoid family. Antioxidants protect your body from damage caused by compounds known as free radicals.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is rich in vitamins K and C, and a good source of dietary fiber.
- Dried Bombay Duck: Dried fish is a good source of protein; pure dried fish is a completely natural product that retains the antioxidant and omega-3 benefits of fresh fish.
- Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are commonly used as seasoning, they have special flavour and is packed with carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E; curry leaves help your heart function better, fights infections and can enliven your hair and skin with vitality.
- Mustard Seeds: Mustard seeds are very rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants.
- Turmeric Powder: Turmeric powder is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Rice: Rice is the staple food of more than half of the world’s population. Rich in nutrients and vitamins and minerals, it an excellent source of complex carbohydrates.
“My knowledge in relation to nutrition or facts related to food is completely based on the online information available through reliable sources; any knowledgeable person from the field of nutrition can disagree if they find the fact stated is incorrect, or can also provide further valuable information in the comments section. ” – Recipe Developer: Sylvia Dias
Meal Planning with MASALAHEALTH.IN:
WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL DAY