Meal Planning is an essential daily task, for people who are responsible for this task in any organisation, and for homemakers – its basically a prerequisite for our survival; because if we choose to eat wrong type of food, we end up facing health issues. From my personal experience, eating healthy does not mean one should totally give up eating junk food – according to my knowledge, eating junk means eating too much sugary foods, fried foods, processed foods, foods with ingredients not suitable for human consumption and also consuming too much of highly-spicy foods; these foods can be eaten in moderation; and eating healthy food surely does not mean giving up eating delicious food – I eat healthy and delicious food, I haven’t sacrificed on the delicious factor, the food recipes in MASALAHEALTH.IN proves it.
Daily meal planning should relate with that particular day i.e. the weather, emotion and ingredients in the kitchen, meal planning is about combination of food types or pairing different foods for a healthy meal.
In this meal plan, I combined spicy ginger gravy of fresh green peas with earthy flavoured cabbage along with the staple food of rice, for a healthy meal on a colder day.
This Combination of Recipe for Luxurious Healthy Daily Meal is the 2nd combination in the series of Easy Recipes to transform your Daily Meals into Luxurious Healthy Meals
The ginger flavoured fresh green peas and earthy flavoured cabbage cooked along with dried fish have contrasting flavours, thus delight for the taste buds.
Both these side dishes that combine for a healthy meal along with rice, is made from minimum number of ingredients, and using fresh ingredients.
- Spicy Ginger Gravy of Fresh Green Peas … RECIPE
- Earthy Flavoured Cabbage … RECIPE
- Cooked Rice: Pour the rice in a thick bottom handi or saucepan; rinse the rice for 3 or more number of times, then immerse rice in water – filled almost up to the utensil’s brim, add a tsp. of salt, keep the rice for cooking in medium heat, when a thick layer of cooked rice floats on top – switch-off the stove, and completely drain the water, reheat the cooked rice at low-heat for about 1 – 2 seconds, and cover the utensil for few minutes.
My Meal Planning Formula 🏁
Nutritional Benefits of the Food Ingredients in this Healthy Meal:
- Fresh Green Peas: Fresh green peas are available plentiful in the winters, it is a cool-season crop grown in many parts of the world. Peas are starchy, but high in fiber, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and lutein.
- Ginger: Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties because it has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are moderate source of antioxidants vitamin C, and Lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant in the carotenoid family. Antioxidants protect your body from damage caused by compounds known as free radicals.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is rich in vitamins K and C, and a good source of dietary fiber.
- Dried Bombay Duck: Dried fish is a good source of protein; pure dried fish is a completely natural product that retains the antioxidant and omega-3 benefits of fresh fish.
- Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are commonly used as seasoning, they have special flavour and is packed with carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E; curry leaves help your heart function better, fights infections and can enliven your hair and skin with vitality.
- Mustard Seeds: Mustard seeds are very rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants.
- Turmeric Powder: Turmeric powder is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Rice: Rice is the staple food of more than half of the world’s population. Rich in nutrients and vitamins and minerals, it an excellent source of complex carbohydrates.
Easy Recipe to transform your Daily Meal into Luxurious Healthy Meal – I
“My knowledge in relation to nutrition or facts related to food is completely based on the online information available through reliable sources; any knowledgeable person from the field of nutrition can disagree if they find the fact stated is incorrect, or can also provide further valuable information in the comments section. ” – Recipe Developer: Sylvia Dias
Meal Planning with MASALAHEALTH.IN:
Stress-Free Recipe For A Regular Healthy Meal
Which Vegetarian Food Gravies Would You Pair Seafood Pulao of Prawns with for a Healthy Meal?
Stress-Free Recipe For A Protein-Rich Probiotics Meal
Lush Macaroni Pasta for Healthy Meal
Wholesome or Complete Pulao/ Pilaf for Healthy Meal
Nutritive, Protein-Rich Probiotic Meal
Is Poha (thick rice flakes), merged with fresh ingredients, a healthy meal for breakfast or brunch option?
The 2 Best Paneer Gravies to Pair the Aromatic Cranberry Beans Pilaf with for a Healthy Meal
Healthy Meal with Luscious Tava Paneer Gravy
Pair the Lush Beetroot Pulao with any of these Chicken Gravies for a Healthy Meal
Healthy Meal of Vitamins-Rich Spicy-Hot Noodles for Cold or Winter Days
Healthy Meal with Chicken in Herb-Sauce
Healthy Meal with High-Protein Cottage Cheese/Malai Paneer in a Nutritive-Delicious Red-Green Veg Blend
Healthy Meal with Nutritious Fava Beans in Delicious Coriander Herb Sauce
Healthy Meal with Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans in Lavish-Sauce of Roasted Whole Black Grams
Healthy Meal with Delish Pulao/Pilaf in Super-Rich Blend of Herb-Sauce and Tiger Prawns
Healthy Meal with Delicious and Nutritious Red Amaranth Leaves
Healthy Meal with Nutritive Black-Eyed Peas/Lobia in Delicious Coconut Meat Gravy
Healthy Meal with Nutritious Fish Curry of Shark Meat
Healthy Meal with Curd/Dahi Chicken Meat Gravy with Greens
Healthy Meal with Wholesome Cauliflower in Luscious-Sauce
Healthy Meal with Borlotti Beans in Rich-Sauce
Healthy Meal Prep with Mung Beans and Chicken Meat
Healthy Meal with Wholesome Breakfast of Noodles
Healthy Meal with Fabulous Chicken Gravy
WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL DAY