Cheese is a favorite food among bodybuilders, runners, swimmers, and weightlifters for its high content of casein protein (a long-lasting protein) while being relatively low in fat. Paneer is fresh cheese, common in the Indian subcontinent; the word paneer is of Persian origin. (Source: Wikipedia)
Method to Cook High-Protein Cottage Cheese/Malai Paneer in a Nutritive-Delicious Red-Green Veg Blend:
Quantity of cottage cheese: 200gm of malai (cream) paneer
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of 4 medium tomatoes in warm, any mild-flavour vegetable oil, followed by finely sliced pieces of 1 big green capsicum,
- When the veg mix is par-cooked, add small cubes of cottage cheese, smidgen the mix with salt – according to preference of flavour,
- Blend the mixture with ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder, ¼ to ½ tsp. of kashmiri chilli powder (kashmiri chilli powder gives food soft red colour with diminutive amount of pungency – you can also opt to use any other chilli powder according to preference of flavour), and ½ tsp. of sambhar masala (a flavoursome, non -pungent powdered spice mix),
- Blend the gravy with half a glass of water (optional) – if you prefer the gravy in light consistency, cook the mix until the paneer/cottage cheese cubes turn soft in the gravy of melted vegetables.
A delicious spicy and mild-pungent cottage cheese gravy with luscious combine taste of green capsicum and tomatoes
Serving size: approx. 4
This easy, protein-rich vegetarian food recipe of cottage cheese/paneer is an all season food recipe for healthy meal.
For healthy meal, enjoy this super-delicious, nutritive paneer veg gravy in a balanced diet with:
- cooked rice (preferably kolam rice) or chapatti/whole wheat bread/multigrain bread
easy veg salad of macaroni pasta: Boil a handful of macaroni pasta (made from semolina). Blend the cooked macaroni pasta, small pieces of medium cucumber, and fine slices of a medium spring onion along with thick part of its green with thick curd (80gm); flavour the salad with a pinch of salt. Serving size: approx. 2
A healthy meal for both summer and winter season, for lunch and dinner time; a nutritious kid-friendly meal which also serves as a good option for healthy lunch box food.
Wishing You a Wonderful Day