Rajma is widely used all over the world in the preparation of numerous dishes, these beans are considered to be one of the best legumes because of its several health benefits.
The Recipe of the Royal Rajma Curry:
Quantity of Rajma: A small cup full
Soak rajma in water for overnight; cook the beans in warm water until soft and reserve the stock to use later for curry.
- In adequate quantity of warm, any mild-flavour vegetable oil – sauté fine slices of 2 small onions, add salt – according to preference of taste,
- Combine the translucent onion mixture with finely sliced pieces of 3 medium tomatoes, mashed pieces of 8 garlic cloves, sliced pieces of one green chilli for mild pungent flavour, ½ tsp. of turmeric powder and 1 tsp. of any garam masala – according to preference of flavour ( – my preference of garam masala for this recipe is malvani garam masala),
- Add a generous handful of prawns to the melted mixture,
- When the prawns are par-cooked, blend the mixture with cooked rajma and 1 glass full of water or the rajma stock,
- Slightly roast dry fenugreek leaves/Kasoori Methi (a small cup full) in a non-stick pan, slightly crush the fenugreek leaves by hand before blending the dry fenugreek leaves with the mixture.
When the prawns are cooked the preparation is done.
This combination of dry fenugreek leaves with prawns is awesome; the flavours blend very well for splendid taste and aroma to give rajma curry a royal texture, taste and aroma.
Serving size: Approximately 4
Wishing You a Very Wonderful Day