This rich and flavourful buttermilk curry is prepared in rice bran oil -— rice bran oil is less viscous (sticky) thus adding a little less quantity of this oil than we would normally prefer for a recipe would be just right; and I have used two very flavoursome vegetables to enrich this curry.
Fact: As buttermilk is made using live, active cultures of healthy bacteria, it contains probiotics; probiotics help limit the amount of unhealthy types of bacteria in our digestive tract.
- Sauté fine slices of (3 small) onions along with fine slices of (250g) brinjals (- very small brinjals with purple and green skin) in adequate quantity of rice bran oil, until the onion slices turn translucent; and smidgen the mixture with salt – according to preference of taste,
- Add fine slices of (2) drumsticks and fine slices of (2 small) tomatoes to the blend,
- Enhance the mixture with a pinch of turmeric powder and a tsp. of kashmiri chilli powder,
- When the tomato slices begin to melt in the mixture, add half a litre of buttermilk ( – also add a little quantity of water, if required),
- Simmer the combination in low heat until the drumstick pieces become tender.
Serving size: Approximately 4-6
Happy Eating ♥