This is a very simple preparation of chicken, yet a very tastier one – full with the flavour of ginger, the distinct and mild pungent flavour of hyderabadi chilli, and the rustic essence of coriander leaves.
The combination of hyderabadi green chilli and coriander leaves is magical and I have used this flavoursome combination in the recipe of GINgery HaKKa NooDles, RUStic Chicken Curry and Steamed Rice (in appetizing Tadka).
- Marinate pieces of chicken (about 1 kg) in: ½ tsp. of turmeric powder, a tsp. of garam masala (– a roasted powder mix of spices such as coriander, cumin, black pepper, chilli, cassia leaf, cassia, clove, black cardamom, star anise, fennel seeds etc.); and salt – according to preference.
- In adequate quantity of any (mild flavoured) vegetable oil :-
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of (3 small) onions,
- Blend the marinated pieces of chicken with the translucent onion pieces,
- Blend the mixture with 1 (or more – according to your preference of flavour) sliced pieces of hyderabadi chilli, mashed pieces of a very thick share of a ginger root , finely chopped pieces of coriander leaves (a handful), finely sliced pieces of (2 medium) tomatoes, and adequate quantity of water to form gravy.
Once the meat pieces becomes tender you can relish the peppery chicken.
Happy Eating ♥