I mostly like to cook food which can be prepared with less effort and less number of ingredients, this is one such recipe.
To prepare this warm gravy of chickpeas the two main ingredients used are rice bran oil – is a rich source of vitamin E; and malvani garam masala – the three main spices used to prepare this masala are stone flower, nagkeshar/Sri Lankan ironwood/ Indian rose chestnut/cobra’s saffron and nutmeg.
Quantity of dry chickpeas: about 250 g. (Soak the dry chickpeas in water for at least 8 to 12 hours before cooking.)
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of (3 medium) onions until translucent in adequate quantity of rice bran oil.
- Combine the blend with salt (- according to preference), and finely sliced pieces of (4 medium) tomatoes.
- Add chickpeas to the melted combination.
- Blend the mixture with finely chopped pieces of curry leaves (- a handful), a pinch of turmeric powder, half a tbs. of kashmiri chilli powder, a tbs. of malvani garam masala and mashed pieces of an entire garlic pod.
- Combine adequate quantity of warm water with the mixture for cooking the chickpeas and for gravy.
Happy Eating ♥