Fish curry prepared in kachchi ghani mustard oil with plentiful sprinkle of curry leaves and coriander leaves has an overwhelming flavour.
“ The term kachchi ghani refers to filtered oil which is extracted by cold pressing the seed; mustard oil (sarson ka tel) is a vegetable oil and is obtained from seeds of the mustard plant”.
- Marinate the fish pieces (about 20) in a tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Saturate a lime sized ball of tamarind in a glass full of water.
- Grind these ingredients into curry paste using tamarind water:
- Finely grated shreds of coconut meat ( from half of the coconut shell)
- Pieces of 4 small onions
- 7 to 10 garlic cloves
- A small share of ginger root
- Two green chillies (or more according to your preference of taste)
- Pieces of 4 small tomatoes
- In 15 Tbs.of kachchi ghani mustard oil:
- Sauté the curry paste for few seconds ,
- Add salt (according to preference),
- Add finely chopped pieces of curry leaves and coriander leaves (according to preference),
- Dilute the curry paste according to desired consistency using the tamarind water,
- Add the marinated fish pieces in the warm curry.
It takes about 10 minutes for the fish to cook in low heat.
Happy Eating ♥