Kasoori Methi is dried leaves of the fenugreek plant, an herb with distinct strong aroma and taste; Chicken is high in protein, low in fat and low in cholesterol, making it a good choice for a healthy diet – and the combination of chicken with the flavour of kasoori methi is AWESOME.
- Marinate chicken pieces (about 1 kg) in half tsp. of turmeric powder, 1 tsp. of kashmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp. of garam masala and salt according to taste.
- Roast a handful of kasoori methi on a non-stick skillet, until the herb is marginally warm and crush the herb slightly by hand.
- In adequate quantity of warm vegetable oil:
- Add a tsp. of mustard seeds,
- Add half a tsp. of fenugreek seeds to the crackling mustard seeds,
- Add finely sliced pieces of (4 medium) onions, fry the onion pieces until translucent,
- Add finely sliced pieces of (4 medium) tomatoes,
- Add the marinated chicken pieces,
- Merge kasoori methi with the cooked mixture.
Happy Eating ♥