Sprouts are germinated seeds of legumes. A surprising fact is that within a few days of sprouting the seeds nutritional value increases tremendously – especially vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E (… about 20 times the original value).
The hot & sweet recipe:
- Fry onion slices in vegetable oil.
- Mix in sprouts, chopped pieces of thick green pepper and tomato slices.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, chilli, and coriander powder – and blend the assortment.
- Pour warm water over the mixture (… just enough to descend the sprouts).
- Add tomato ketchup and salt to merge with the cooked and warm sprouts.