Despite its name it’s not a duck but a fish which is largely found in the seawater of Mumbai.
Dry Bombay duck is preserved using natural ingredients; ready to eat choice of this fish is easily available.
- To oil add fenugreek seeds and crushed garlic with skin. Sauté it till the garlic skin becomes a tad brown.
- Put in cumin seeds and give a little stir.
- Add potato chunks to it, sauté it and leave it to cook.
- To par cooked potatoes bestow in pieces of dry Bombay duck.
- Sprinkle in freshly grated coconut, turmeric powder and salt.
- Pour water just enough for the mixture to cook.
HAPPY EATING! (A piece of advice: Dry Bombay duck has a very distinctive and earthy taste which some may find irresistible while some may not.)