Chickpeas are rich in proteins and here is an instant method to cook these seeds:
Use a pressure cooker to cook these seeds.
- To oil (add to it a small amount of ghee – clarified butter) add fenugreek seeds and cumin.
- In the hot oil, at first sauté mashed garlic pieces followed by thinly sliced onions. Add mashed pieces of ginger and tomato puree in it.
- To the thick paste add salt; turmeric, chilli, coriander powder; and garam masala – stir the mixture.
- Pour in the chickpeas (previously soaked in water for about 8 -12 hours), stir the gravy.
- Add water totally immersing the peas. Cook it in low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Add whisked curd and chicken stock to the gravy and bring it to boil in low flame.
HAPPY EATING! (Nutritious … isn’t it?)